1966 Aston Martin DB6 Project
Make: Aston Martin
First registered: 01/03/1966
Chassis no: DB6/2544/R
No Owners: 5 (known)
Matching Numbers: Yes
Original colour combination:
Autumn Gold over Black
DB6 RESTORATION OPPORTUNITY
Richards of England (ROE) would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase this very early and matching numbers 1966 Aston Martin DB6 saloon (Chassis no: DB6/2544/R), fitted from factory with the desirable 5 speed ZF manual gearbox. Presented in the attractive factory ordered colourway of ‘Autumn Gold over Black Connolly, DB6/2544/R is being offered as part of a restoration contract with ROE to build your perfect Aston Martin DB6. From the chassis to the smallest component, this example will be brought back to life with care and attention. The original components will be preserved and restored where possible, thus ensuring an authentic build.
ROE’s restorations are multi-award-winning and priced fairly. Paul (ROE Owner) would love the opportunity to discuss the restoration process in detail with you and answer any questions: +44 (0)1522 685 476.
You can also find some examples of DB6 restorations by Richards of England at the links below:
Aston Martin DB6/3240/R – Concours Mk1 restoration. (https://www.richardsofengland.com/aston-martin-db6-3240-for-sale)
Aston Martin DB6/3280/R – Concours “Vantage specification” restoration. (https://www.richardsofengland.com/aston-martin-db6-3280-for-sale)
*The price listed is for the car only and does not include the restoration costs. The restoration costs are dependent upon your bespoke specification and therefore, need to be worked out on an individual basis*
Richards of England (ROE) are delighted to be able to offer DB6/2544/R. This matching numbers DB6 was originally prepared to the desirable manual saloon specification for the home market, and delivered new to Arnold G Wilson Ltd. It was supplied with chrome wheels, heated rear screen, power aerial and a 3.73.1 limited slip diff. Some early factory service work records accompany the build sheet between July 1968 and September 1970.
In 2001 the DB6 was imported and registered by a Mr. West within the state of Arizona (75461 miles). After a 5 year ownership the car was then purchased by Autosport Designs Inc in 2006 (77559 miles). The following year the DB6 was purchased by the Prime Minister of the State of Kuwait, HH Sheikh Nasser Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah (77800 miles). Following a long period in storage the car was sold and imported back into the UK in 2021, of which the car was registered and assigned with the registration mark of ‘AVG 182D’. It is worth noting that the car has recently benefited from a new clutch being installed, the fuel tank being chemically cleaned and a light general recommissioning of the vehicle, of which good oil pressure is being shown.
DB6/2544/R will undergo a comprehensive body off restoration with the option to return it to its original specification of “Autumn Gold over “Black.” This will preserve the elegance you see before you, whilst staying true to the original build sheet. However, should you wish to divert from the original colour combination or “upgrade” the DB6 to Vantage specification, ROE can discuss this along with other performance, handling and cooling options.
Richards of England can confirm the current interior trim is completely original and features a delightful patina. A strong consideration to retain this will inevitably become a topic of discussion when planning the restoration. Alternatively, ROE could retrim the interior using traditional techniques. This would include Connolly Vaumol leather, Wilton carpets and lightly embossed vinyl head lining, as per original. Of course, the leather, carpets and other personal requirements can once again be addressed.
Comprehensive road testing and detailing to the highest standard will take place prior to delivery of this motor car. A complimentary photobook showing the Aston’s restorative journey will be provided. This book will be carefully crafted from the same Vaumol leather hide as the DB6’s interior, which provides you with a book of memories along with becoming a significant piece of history for the vehicle.
As previously stated, Paul (ROE Owner) is available to discuss the restoration process and answer any questions you may have: +44 (0)1522 685 476.
Below you will find a list of documentation found within the history folder:
1. Copy of original build sheet.
2. Photocopy showing details from original order form.
3. Photocopy of factory service work that the car had in July 1968, September 1968 and September 1970. This work included the dismantling and cleaning of the cylinder head assembly, along with the replacement of the following parts:
a. Exhaust valves
b. New tappet and inner/outer valve springs
c. Distributor contact breaking points
d. Fan belt
e. Jets and needles
f. Fuel line filter and air cleaner element
g. Cooling system and header tank
h. Clutch assembly and gearbox release bearing
i. Prop shaft
j. Front and rear brake pads
k. Shock absorber and king pin gaiters
l. Offside steering rack gaiter
m. Intermediate silencers
n. Various rubbers around the car
4. 21/03/2022 – HM Revenue & Customs import notification showing that they are satisfied that the correct duty and VAT have been accounted for.
5. 14/09/2021 – Cars Team – Letters and documentation from first purchase to successful importation.
6. 14/09/2021 – Original reg application – Application to re-register DB6 on it’s original reg (AVG 182D)
7. 17/10/2007 – The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles – Document transferring ownership to HH Sheikh Nasser Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah.
8. 11/10/2007 – Aston Martin of New England – Sales document showing the purchase by the Prime Minister of the State of Kuwait, HH Sheikh Nasser Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah (77800 miles).
9. 02/07/2007 – New York Department of Motor Vehicles – Retail certificate of sale.
10. 07/12/2006 – Transfer of Ownership from Mr. West to Autosport Designs Inc ( 77559 miles).
11. 26/09/2001 - Arizona certificate of title – Mr. West (75461 miles).
12. 13/12/2022 – Aston Engineering – Hydraulic hose and front brake hose.
13. 12/12/2022 – Jepson & Co Ltd – Number plates.
14. 15/09/2021 – Holden Vintage & Classic – Lucas interior light and reverse lamp.
15. 13/09/2021 – Aston Engineering – Winding knob, door handles and gasket set.
16. 24/08/2021 – Aston Engineering – Air filter housing, butterfly spring, air filter and fuel filter.
17. 18/08/2021 – Aston Workshop – 18/08/2021 – Manifold gaskets, oil filter element, handbook and various washers.
Please note that Richards of England (ROE) have only included a quick and simplified description of each document. ROE… any errors or misunderstanding. Therefore, it is recommended that any interested parties view the documentation themselves at their showroom in Lincolnshire prior to purchase.