Experienced Classic Car Technician (Job ID 0014)
We are a classic car restoration company currently seeking an experienced Technician to join our team. We focus on the restoration of ‘David Brown era’ Aston Martin (DB4, DB5, DB6 & DBS). However, we are sometimes commissioned to work on other classic cars from the 50’s – 80’s (Bentley, Jaguar, Jensen, Ferrari, Rolls Royce & other Astons). Our work is concours winning and we have an exceptionally high attention to detail. This high level is demanded by both us and our clients. We are only interested in hiring the best individuals to join our team.
You must have experience working on classic Aston Martins and other reputable marques. We are looking for a team player with the following:
- Experience disassembling, documenting and reassembling classic cars (preferably Aston Martins).
- Being able to conduct thorough inspections of vehicles, along with road test reports to assist with estimations and post restoration setup.
- Broad mechanical knowledge, capable of diagnosing issues and capable of finding the most cost effective solution for each repair.
- Knowledge and care required to refit chrome work, interior trim and other components during the restoration.
- Good eye for quality and detail is a must.
- An understanding of electrical systems, including the fitting and connecting of the looms (preferred).
- An understanding on how to setup / tune cars would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Forward thinking with a good knowledge of parts and services, working closely with the parts manager to ensure everything is ready in advance.
- Self-motivated, able to work efficiently and to a deadline.
- The ability to take criticism, work on issues raised and strive to improve.
- Organisational skills and the ability to maintain a clean workplace is a necessity.
- Experience using a tablet based workshop system for clocking on/off job (preferred but not essential, training will be provided)
- You’ll need be able to work as part of a forward-thinking team. (Being a small business, working as a team and understanding what it takes to be involved in classic car restoration are important factors).
- You will also need to be confident, trustworthy and capable of working on your own when required.
- Customer facing – Often clients are very interested to chat and connect directly with you.
- Perhaps most importantly we only want to hire people with passion! We want someone who sees this as more than just a job.
- A clean UK driver’s license is preferred.
In return you will receive a very good and competitive salary. You will be given the opportunity to work within a friendly environment at a state-of-the-art premises. Early Friday finish (1:30pm). At times you may be invited to represent the business at events and proudly display cars with clients at Concours events around the UK and internationally. Further to this, you will be working with some of the finest motor cars ever produced.
Hours: Full-time (mon-fri) with the opportunity for overtime when required. A part time position would also be of interest.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to apply