Skilled Classic Car Fabricator
We are a classic car restoration company currently seeking an additional Fabricator to join our team. We focus on the restoration of ‘David Brown era’ Aston Martin (DB4, DB5, DB6 & DBS). However, we are sometimes commissioned to work on other classic cars from the 50’s – 80’s (Bentley, Jaguar, Jensen, Ferrari, Rolls Royce & other Astons).
Our work is concours winning and we have an exceptionally high attention to detail, which is demanded by both us and our clients. Therefore, we are only interested in hiring the most experienced individuals. You must have experience working on classic Aston Martins and other reputable marques. We are looking for a team player with experience in the following:
- Metal fabrication.
- Panel making, experience using shrinkers/stretchers and an English wheel.
- Welding (MIG and TIG).
- Working with ox settling, for brazing work .
- Understanding gap tolerances and profiles .
- Working with and shaping ash wood on earlier cars (preferred but not essential)
- Lead loading (preferred but not essential).
- Panel beating.
- Pre fitting of the body shells.
- Working with our body shop to understand tolerances during panel work.
- A mechanical knowhow is required for taking apart the vehicle and the reassembly.
- Organisational skills and the ability to maintain a clean workplace is a necessity.
- Experience using a tablet based workshop system for clocking on/off job (preferred but not essential, training will be provided)
- You’ll need be able to work as part of a forward-thinking team. (Being a small business, working as a team and understanding what it takes to be involved in classic car restoration are important factors).
- You will also need to be trustworthy and capable of working on your own when required.
We want our staff to be happy and so we offer a friendly work environment within a state-of-the-art gated community. You will also receive a competitive wage. Further to this, you will be working with some of the finest motor cars ever produced.
Hours: Full-time (mon-fri) with the opportunity for overtime when required. A part time position would also be of interest.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to apply